Skip to main content


Volume 177: debated on Monday 23 July 1990

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security what information he has as to which countries in the EEC pay a pension equivalent to the invalid care allowance; and what are the rates paid to people who receive this pension (a) before 60 years of age and (b) after 60 years of age in each country.

The United Kingdom is the only country in the European Community which pays a benefit to a carer, in the form of invalid care allowance—as distinct from any other benefit paid to an invalid person.