Skip to main content


Volume 178: debated on Wednesday 24 October 1990

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what requirements must be followed by central or local government before a bridge forming part of (a) a trunk road or (b) a local road may be turned into a toll bridge.

Authority to toll any part of a public highway must be obtained by Act of Parliament or by grant from the Crown.