Skip to main content

Deemed Planning Permission

Volume 180: debated on Monday 12 November 1990

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what planning powers he holds in respect of county councils that award themselves deemed planning permission in contravention of their own structure plans; and if he will make a statement.

The Town and Country Planning (Development Plans) (England) Direction 1981 requires local planning authorities to report to my right hon. Friend any development proposal that would materially conflict with or prejudice the implementation of the development plan. My right hon. Friend may then require the proposal to be referred to him for decision.

Teacher numbers
January each yearActual (thousands)Full-lime equivalent (thousands)Pupil numbers Full-time equivalent (thousands)Overall pupil/teacher ratio
1 Not readily available.
2 Data on pupil numbers are not yet available.