The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will list the number of owners of private residential homes who have had their certificates withdrawn since 1984 and the reasons for the withdrawal.
The number of persons notified to the Department whose registrations have been cancelled under the Registered Homes Act 1984 since it came into operation on 1 January 1985 is as follows:
|Residential Care Homes||Nursing Homes||Dually-Registered Homes|
|Residential Care Homes||Nursing Homes||Dually Registered Homes|
- the fitness of persons involved in running the home: 37 cases
- the fitness of premises, or their staffing: 5 cases
- the conduct of the home or services or facilities provided: 24 cases
- conviction of an offence under the Registered Homes Act 1984: 1 case
- urgent closure an application to a Justice of the Peace: 6 cases
In a number of cases, more than one reason was cited.