To ask the President of the Board of Trade what targets he has set the Radiocommunications Agency for 1992–93.
The following key targets have been set for 1992–93 and will appear in the agency's annual report 1991: overall financial efficiency improvement of 2 per cent.; quality of service targets covering its licensing work and enforcement activities as detailed.
- 99 per cent. of new aeronautical applications to be processed and despatched within two working days;
- 99 per cent. of new aircraft applications to be processed and despatched within three working days—four working days for amendments;
- 88 per cent. of ships, radio licences to be issued within one month;
- 96 per cent. of maritime business radio cases to be actioned within one month;
- 90 per cent. of new private mobile radio applications and amendments to be processed within 30 working days. Average time for processing new applications and amendments being within 10 working days and 20 working days respectively;
- 99 per cent. of new on-site paging applications and amendments to be processed and despatched within four working days.
- 100 per cent. of safety of life services complaints to he handled within 24 hours;
- 98 per cent. of business complaints to be handled within five working days;
- 98 per cent. of domestic complaints to be handled within one month.