To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what key performance targets have been set for the Intervention Board; and if he will make a statement.
In agreement with my right hon. Friends the Secretaries of State for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland I have set the following targets:
- to process all claims within regulatory or ministerial deadlines;
- to process at least 98 per cent. of claims correctly;
- to achieve 2 per cent. running cost efficiency gains;
- to achieve a 5 per cent. improvement in productivity;
- to keep disallowance to within 0.4 per cent. of EC funds handled;
- to keep expenditure within vote provision and running cost and cash limits; and
- to achieve 5 per cent. new value for money savings in the procurement of goods and services.