To ask the Secretary of State for Transport at how many points between Morpeth and the Scottish border the A 1 is currently reduced to one-way operation by temporary traffic lights; how many of these interruptions result from works which will result in improvement to dual carriageway status; and which of these interruptions will continue through the Scottish and English bank holiday weekends.
The A1 is currently reduced to one-way operation by temporary traffic signals at the following five locations:
- Bockenfield, south of Felton;
- Brownieside, north of Alnwich;
- Detchant, north of Belford;
- Scremerston, south of Berwick; and
- Marshall Meadows, north of Berwick.