To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to his answer of 4 December, Official Report, column 4, if he will list the 44 aircraft which were unavailable for use and in each case the RAF base at which they were deployed. 
The details requested are as follows:
- 1 x Gazelle: RAF Shawbury
- 2 x Harrier: RAF Laarbruch
- 2 x Hawk: RAF Valley
- 2 x Jetstream: RAF Cranwell
- 1 x Sentry: IAF Aviano, Italy
- 8 x Tornado: RAF Bruggen
- 4 x Tornado: RAF Coningsby
- 4 x Tornado: RAF Cottesmore
- 5 x Tornado: RAF Leeming
- 4 x Tornado: RAF Leuchars
- 10 x Tornado: RAF Lossiemouth
- 1 x Tornado: RAF Marham.
Only one of these aircraft was deployed on operations. The remaining aircraft were assigned to their usual duties including training. The unavailability of the aircraft did not affect the RAF's ability to meet its operational commitments.