To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security how many claims for income support were originally refused because of non-receipt of disability living allowance or attendance allowance but which when re-submitted subsequently after receipt of disability living allowance or attendance allowance were successful within (i) three, (ii) four, (iii) five and (iv) six months; and what was the total number of disabled claimants receiving income support in the years (a) 1994–95, (b) 1995–96 and (c) 1996–97. 
The information is not available in the format requested. Such information as is available is set out in the table.
|Total number of disabled income support claimants|
|Number of claims|
1. The number of income support claims which were originally refused but were successful on review following receipt of disability living allowance or attendance allowance is not available.
2. Numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand.
3. Sample size 5 per cent. Figures may be subject to a degree of sampling error.
4. Disabled are defined as those claimants receiving the disability premium.
5. Jobseeker's allowance replaced income support for the unemployed in October 1996.
Income Support Statistics Quarterly Enquiries February 1995 to February 1997.