Skip to main content

University Museums (Funding)

Volume 403: debated on Monday 10 March 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills if he will make a statement on funding for university museums. [101464]

University museums in England receive funding through higher education institutions' block grant from the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). In addition, the Arts and Humanities Research Board (AHRB) provides funding of over £9 million a year to selected university museums and galleries. University museums also receive funds from other sources, for example from donations and as a result of providing services.