Skip to main content

Further Education Funding

Volume 401: debated on Thursday 20 March 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills if he will make funds available for further education colleges to accept year 11 pupils who are without a school place. [103354]

Local Education Authorities are responsible for ensuring all children of statutory school age have access to full-time education. They can use their funding to purchase education for children over the age of 14 from further education colleges, where this is an appropriate way of meeting their needs.