Skip to main content

Entertainment Licensing

Volume 403: debated on Monday 7 April 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport whether it is her policy that common areas in (a) sheltered accommodation, (b) residential homes and (c) day centres should be subject to licensing when used by a one-person singing entertainer. [107588]

Under the provisions of the Licensing Bill, performances in sheltered accommodation, residential homes or day centres would not be licensable unless the public were able to attend, or a charge was made to those who attended with a view to do more than cover costs.