Skip to main content

Goods Vehicle Operators Licences

Volume 404: debated on Tuesday 6 May 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will make a statement about the application for a Goods Vehicle Operators licence in the Caerwent area of Monmouthshire; what representations can be submitted by parish or community councils with respect to such applications; and what representations have been received by Caerwent Community Council. [111284]

The administration of the goods vehicle operator licensing system is the responsibility of statutorily independent Traffic Commissioners. A person may make representations against the grant of the licence application if they own or occupy land or buildings in the vicinity of a proposed operating centre. This can include parish or community councils.