Skip to main content

Nhs Consultants (Compensation)

Volume 405: debated on Wednesday 21 May 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence whether the Ministry of Defence is compensating NHS trusts for consultants now serving in the Gulf. [113900]

All employers who have a reservist mobilised for permanent service may apply for financial assistance to cover costs to the business resulting from the call-out. These include the costs of the initial replacement of the employee, any on-going administration, and retraining the employee when he or she returns.