Skip to main content

Voluntary Organisations

Volume 406: debated on Monday 9 June 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what funding programmes are operated by his Department to support voluntary organisations working with young people; and what the level of support has been over the last three years. [116496]

[holding answer 3 June 2003]: The Department gives grants to voluntary organisations working with young people.The main support, given through grants to national voluntary organisations working in the health and social care fields, is under the Section 64 General Scheme of grants (Section 64 of the Health and Public Services Act 1968). Grants for those organisations working with young people are shown in the table.

Policy Area2000–012001–022002–03
Child care/child abuse3,866,1092,688,7702,739,973
Child health632,013958,1021,775,797