Skip to main content


Volume 406: debated on Wednesday 11 June 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what assistance his Department gives to young people living in Northern Ireland who wish to play in a British hockey team rather than an Irish hockey team. [117129]

A hockey player who has declared to play for Great Britain, and is talented enough, may benefit from any support provided for squad preparation through UK Sport and could apply to the Sports Lottery Fund in Northern Ireland for support under the Talented Athlete Programme.