Skip to main content


Volume 407: debated on Wednesday 18 June 2003

The text on this page has been created from Hansard archive content, it may contain typographical errors.

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions if he will make a statement on his policy on the eligibility of carers of people who are affected by asbestosis for carers benefit. [117109]

People aged 16 or over who care for a person with asbestosis are entitled to carer's allowance if they meet the usual qualifying conditions for the benefit. The person they care for must also receive either attendance allowance, the middle or highest rate care component of disability living allowance or the equivalent rate of constant attendance allowance paid under the Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit scheme or the War Disablement Pensions scheme.