To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will make a statement on progress on the Urban II Initiative for North Belfast. 
The Urban II Programme is a European Union Community Initiative totalling £10.6 million which aims to target social and economic deprivation in inner North Belfast.The programme has three priorities and a number of measures under each priority. Priorities 1 and 2 are for applications from groups. Priority 3 is solely for programme support costs. With the exception of Measure 1.1 all the programme measures have been opened for applications.
Priority 1 Physical Resources
- Measure 1.1 Sharing Places
- This measure is still under development.
- Measure 1.2 Physical Opportunity
- A total of 35 applications have been received under this measure.
- Measure 1.3 Environmental Improvement
- A total of seven applications have been received and these are currently being assessed.