Skip to main content

Hospitality Expenses

Volume 448: debated on Monday 3 July 2006

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if she will keep a separate record of the amount spent annually by her Department on alcohol for hospitality purposes. (77100)

Government Hospitality, part of Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Services, an Executive agency of the FCO, maintains separate records of its spend on alcohol annually. Government Hospitality is responsible for official hospitality at ministerial level across Whitehall. Maintaining separate central records of total annual spend on alcohol for hospitality purposes across the FCO as a whole and UK missions overseas would, however, incur disproportionate costs.