Skip to main content

Child Benefits

Volume 449: debated on Wednesday 19 July 2006

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether copies of birth certificates are valid for parents registering for child tax credit and child benefit. (85721)

[holding answer 14 July 2006]: Child benefit office and tax credit office will accept copies of birth certificates only if the original has been seen and the copy certified as a true copy by two officers of HM Revenue and Customs, or the Department of Work and Pension or the Department for Social Development.