Skip to main content

Criminal Records Bureau

Volume 449: debated on Wednesday 19 July 2006

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department in how many cases the Criminal Records Bureau has wrongly reported that a person has a criminal record in each year since its inception; on how many occasions in each year such cases related to offences involving children, broken down by offence; and if he will make a statement. (81418)

I refer the hon. Member to my written answer of 28 June 2006, Official Report, column 507W.

Information is not available to provide the number of occasions in each year such cases involved children, broken down by offence. Such information could be provided only by conducting an individual case search against the Police National Computer (PNC) and at disproportionate cost.