Skip to main content

Home Schooling

Volume 450: debated on Monday 23 October 2006

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills what funding is available for home schooling; and if he will make a statement. (94728)

[holding answer 17 October 2006]: Parents may choose to provide their children with a full-time education at home, but there is no central funding available to assist them. Local authorities may provide financial support to home schooling parents at their discretion, although there is no requirement for them to do so.