Skip to main content

Housing Benefit

Volume 451: debated on Monday 30 October 2006

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what guidance and information has been provided to raise awareness of the change that allows housing benefit to continue to be paid for a young person who has started a full-time course before turning 19 until they complete the course or turn 20. (90380)

Local authorities, who administer housing benefit, have been issued with guidance advising them of the amendments that have been made to the housing benefit regulations as a result of the changes of the entitlement conditions for child benefit. This guidance was contained in housing benefit and council tax benefit circular A6/2006. A copy has been placed in the Library.