Skip to main content

Foreign Hauliers

Volume 453: debated on Monday 27 November 2006

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what steps he is taking to ensure foreign drivers of foreign registered vehicles are adequately insured to drive in the UK. (104572)

European law requires all vehicles registered in a member state to have insurance for the use of that vehicle in any other member state.

The police have full power to stop and check any foreign vehicle to ensure the driver has appropriate insurance cover.