Skip to main content

Renewable Energy

Volume 453: debated on Tuesday 28 November 2006

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what percentage of the electricity used by his Department was generated from (a) renewable sources and (b) on-site microgeneration facilities in the last period for which figures are available. (104322)

The proportion of energy used in our UK buildings generated from renewable sources for 2005-06 was 95 per cent. The remaining 5 per cent. relates to a building which we are about to vacate. None of our energy is currently generated from on-site microgeneration, but we are currently carrying out feasibility studies into options such as combined heat and power (CHP) units, tri-generation systems, and biomass heating systems for both of our remaining buildings.