Skip to main content

Special Advisers

Volume 454: debated on Thursday 14 December 2006

To ask the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster whether the Labour party makes a financial contribution to the cost of any Government special adviser. (108478)

Special advisers are temporary civil servants employed to assist Ministers on matters of Government policy. It is for this reason that their salaries are paid from public funds.

To ask the Minister without Portfolio how many special advisers paid from public funds are working for her. (108479)

I refer the hon. Member to the written ministerial statement made by my right hon. Friend the Prime Minister on 24 July 2006, Official Report, column 86WS.