Skip to main content

Housing Corporation

Volume 455: debated on Monday 15 January 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what guidance she has given to the Housing Corporation on the terms of reference for its discussions with (a) housing associations, (b) registered social landlords and (c) arms length management organisations about the potential for stock market flotations; and if she will make a statement. (114523)

[holding answer 11 January 2007]: The Housing Corporation is the regulator for the registered social landlord sector only. The Government have given no guidance to the Housing Corporation, or any other body, on stock market flotation by any of the above groups. While we will continue to look for ways to maximise the effectiveness of public and private provision in affordable housing and wider regeneration activity, flotation is not an option for registered social landlords under the current statutory regime.