Skip to main content

Council Tax: Inspections

Volume 458: debated on Thursday 29 March 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what progress has been made on proposals to give local authorities the power to authorise council tax inspectors to enter private properties; what qualifications such an inspector will require; and what powers they will be granted. (130525)

There are no such proposals. The Valuation Office Agency is a central Government Agency and its listing officers have the same powers of entry for the purposes of valuing homes for council tax that they were given when council tax was introduced in 1993. There have been no changes since then and we have no intention of making any changes in the future.