Skip to main content

Social Rented Housing: Insurance

Volume 459: debated on Monday 30 April 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if she will take steps to require registered social landlords to advise their tenants to take out home contents insurance. (134942)

Registered social landlords are required to provide high standards of customer care. Landlords should consider all aspects of this, including insurance. The Housing Corporation has issued good practice guidance on facilitating access to insurance called “Insurance for All” which is available on the corporation’s website.