Skip to main content

Research Councils

Volume 461: debated on Monday 4 June 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry whether he asks research councils (a) to report and (b) to record the regional distribution of their allocations; and whether the councils (i) make such reports and (ii) keep such records. (140191)

Research councils are required to allocate funding on the basis of excellence. They keep records of their investments and will analyse and report on regional distribution of their funding on request. All research councils publish responsive mode success rates by higher education institution and other research institution eligible for research council funding on their websites annually.