I have placed copies of the Youth Justice Agency's Corporate Plan for 2007-2010 and Business Plan for 2007-08 in the Libraries of both Houses.
The Business Plan contains nine Key Performance Targets I have set for the Agency for 2007-08. These are:
1. Contribute towards the delivery of the NIO PSA target to reduce the rate of reconviction by 5 per cent. compared to the predicted rate by April 2008.
2. Achieve a 20 per cent. increase in the public awareness level of the Agency as measured by the Northern Ireland Omnibus Survey.
3. Maintain an offender participation rate of at least 80 per cent and a satisfaction rate of at least 70 per cent. in youth conferences.
4. Maintain a victim participation rate of at least 60 per cent.and a satisfaction rate of at least 75 per cent. in youth conferences.
5. Further develop and test a measurement system in order to establish baseline figures in relation to key outcomes, in line with the OFMDFM 10-year Strategy for Children and Young People in Northern Ireland.
6. All new admissions have a risk assessment conducted within 24 hours.
7. No high risk escapes from the Juvenile Justice Centre.
8. At least 90 per cent. of young people remanded by the Courts to have a bail assessment completed within seven days.
9. Maintain expenditure within approved budgetary limits.