Skip to main content

Armed Forces: Personal Records

Volume 461: debated on Tuesday 12 June 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what information his Department records on (a) Service personnel and (b) Service families. (136411)

[holding answer 10 May 2007]: The Ministry of Defence records a wide range of information on Service personnel. This information is used to support effective administration of Service personnel and to inform policy on, for example, pay, allowances, accommodation, training, health care, health and safety management, and career management. Statistics on Defence personnel are published regularly by the Defence Analytical Services Agency, and these are available on their website and in the Library of the House.