Skip to main content


Volume 463: debated on Tuesday 17 July 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what research his Department has commissioned on plagiocephaly; and if he will make a statement. (149953)

Neither the Department nor the Medical Research Council is currently funding research on plagiocephaly.

The Department funds national health service research and development through the National Institute for Health Research. The institute's research programmes support high quality research of relevance and in areas of high priority to patients and the NHS. Details, including the scope of the programmes and the arrangements for making applications for support from them, are available on the NIHR website at:

Funding awards are in all cases made after open, competitive peer review.