Skip to main content

Buildings: Energy

Volume 464: debated on Wednesday 10 October 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what guidance her Department has issued on whether the forthcoming requirement for buildings over 1,000 square metres to display an energy certificate and advisory report applies to (a) churches and places of worship, (b) train stations, (c) venues licensed under the Licensing Act 2003 for the sale of alcohol and (d) care homes; and if she will make a statement. (153817)

The Display Energy Certificate requirement will apply to buildings over 1,000 sq m that are occupied by a public authority or an institution providing a public service to a large number of persons. We are continuing to work with key stakeholders and will publish further guidance in due course.