Skip to main content

Council Housing: Home Information Packs

Volume 464: debated on Monday 15 October 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if she will require all social housing to have energy performance certificates; and if she will make a statement. (157438)

The Energy Performance of Buildings Directive requires member states to introduce Energy Performance Certificates on construction, sale or rent of all buildings, including social housing by January 2009. The Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations 2007 (SI 991) implement these requirements in England and Wales.