Skip to main content

Land: Registration

Volume 464: debated on Wednesday 17 October 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what assessment the Land Registry has made of the number of properties or items of land which are not recorded by the Land Registry. (158139)

At the end of September 2007, 61.7 per cent. of the freehold land area of England and Wales was registered with Land Registry representing just over 21 million registered titles. Land Registry estimates that the remaining 38.3 per cent. of the land area will generate around 4.5 million freehold first registrations.