Skip to main content

Departmental Alcoholic Drinks

Volume 467: debated on Thursday 22 November 2007

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if she will take steps to ensure that English wine is served exclusively or at the request of guests at meals, parties and receptions hosted by her Department; and if she will make a statement. (164297)

The Department for Transport does not purchase food or drink centrally. At our main London Headquarters building food and drink for official events is usually obtained from the facilities management provider. Wine is rarely ordered.

All procurement within the Department is undertaken in line with the EU’s procurement rules and to obtain value for money.