Skip to main content

House Insurance: Terrorism

Volume 467: debated on Thursday 22 November 2007

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what arrangements exist to compensate households for damage to property resulting from a terrorist attack; and whether his Department has reviewed the inclusion of home insurance in the Pool Re Scheme. (164734)

Insurance cover for domestic property damage arising from fire, explosion or impact caused by an act of terrorism is widely available. Local authorities would normally take the lead in arranging decontamination of domestic properties following a chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear incident caused by terrorist activity.

The Government have no plans to review the inclusion of domestic property insurance in the Pool Re scheme.