(2) how many men aged between 60 and 65 resident in Wales claim pension credit.
[holding answer 19 November 2007]: Men aged between 60 and 64 can choose themselves whether they claim either jobseekers allowance or pension credit, providing they meet the qualifying conditions of the relevant benefit.
As at May 2007 there were 12,560 men aged between 60 and 64 claiming pension credit in Wales. Around a further 1,500 men aged between 60 and 64 have partners who claim pension credit on their behalf.
1. Caseloads are rounded to the nearest 10.
2. The number of men claiming pension credit comes from 100 per cent. data.
3. Those men claiming pension credit could be claiming either for themselves only or on behalf of a household.
4. The number of men whose partners claim on their behalf comes from five per cent. data which has been adjusted in line with 100 per cent. WPLS data and is therefore subject to a degree of sampling variation.
DWP Information Directorate 100 per cent. Work and Pensions Longitudinal Study and five per cent. samples