Skip to main content

Carbon Monoxide: Alarms

Volume 470: debated on Thursday 10 January 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what guidance his Department has issued to the Health and Safety Executive on annual testing of carbon monoxide alarms. (175657)

[holding answer 7 January 2008]: The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulates domestic gas safety and provides Ministers with information in this area. In its public advice to domestic gas consumers, HSE recommends that carbon monoxide alarms are fitted and used according to manufacturers’ instructions.