Skip to main content

Fire Services: Floods

Volume 470: debated on Thursday 24 January 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what charges the Fire and Rescue Service may make for pumping water out of commercial premises which have flooded; and if she will make a statement. (180524)

[holding answer 21 January 2008]: English Fire and Rescue Authorities (FRAs) can charge for the provision of services other than fire-fighting services under Section 19 of the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004. This includes the provision or removal of water.

It is a matter for the individual fire and rescue authority concerned to determine its policy on costs and charges for pumping out commercial premises.