Skip to main content

Floods: Fire Services

Volume 471: debated on Monday 28 January 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what guidance is given to fire authorities on the assistance which should be given to householders who have experienced flooding. (182292)

Individual fire and rescue services provide advice on the steps which need to be taken by the householder once firefighters have left an incident, usually in the form of a leaflet, with the information also available online.

No central guidance is issued to fire and rescue authorities on the form that such advice should take.