Skip to main content

Personal Records: Children

Volume 472: debated on Wednesday 20 February 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if she will make it her policy to ensure that records with photographs are kept by every local authority social service department of the children that come into their care from ports of entry. (176123)

[holding answer 7 January 2008]: I have been asked to reply.

In order to respond to this question, my Department will need to gather information from other Government Departments and from representatives of the local authority sector about current operational arrangements when unaccompanied asylum seeking children present at ports of entry. When I have had the opportunity to consider this information then I shall write to the hon. Member and place a copy of that reply in the Library.