Skip to main content

Housing: Planning

Volume 472: debated on Tuesday 26 February 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government pursuant to the answer of 1 February 2008, Official Report, columns 691-92W, on housing: planning, if she will consult hon. Members on bids for housing growth points on occasions when they are not consulted by their local authorities. (186001)

[holding answer 18 February 2008]: It is for local authorities to consult with hon. Members regarding the content of their housing growth point expressions of interest. The growth will be developed through the statutory planning process so that there will be good opportunity for future consultation as plans and individual proposals are developed. I would expect hon. Members to be fully involved in this process.