Skip to main content

Housing: Low Incomes

Volume 473: debated on Wednesday 12 March 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (1) pursuant to the answer of 31 January 2008, Official Report, column 583W, and 1 February 2008, Official Report, column 690-91W, on housing: low incomes, what types of home improvement the householder cannot request be excluded from any equity uplift share with the mortgage lender and Homebuyer Agent; (189237)

(2) what types of home improvement require prior permission from the mortgage lender in order to be excluded from the mortgage lender and Homebuy Agent sharing in the equity uplift.

All home improvements such as building an extension or altering the layout of the home require the prior agreement of the HomeBuy Agent and lender.