Skip to main content

Meteorological Office: Floods

Volume 474: debated on Tuesday 1 April 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs who co-ordinates work on flooding carried out by (a) the Meteorological Office and (b) Ordnance Survey. (197401)

The Environment Agency is responsible for providing the lead on fluvial and coastal flooding.

The Environment Agency works closely both with the Met Office and Ordnance Survey who provide weather information and mapping information respectively. This is then used to aid the Environment Agency in their decision making on flood-related work.