Skip to main content

Students: Identity Cards

Volume 474: debated on Tuesday 1 April 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Innovation, Universities and Skills whether English-domiciled home or EU higher education students will have to be in possession of an identity card in order to access student loans or other state or Institution-determined support related to their studies at English higher education institutions in 2009-10 or in any subsequent years. (195302)

There are no plans to require students to have an ID card to apply for a student loan or any other form of student support.