Skip to main content

Housing: Disabled

Volume 474: debated on Wednesday 2 April 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how much was spent by the London borough of Enfield on improving homes for people with disabilities in each of the last three years. (196788)

The disabled facilities grant is a mandatory grant used to provide adaptations to the homes of disabled people. Local authorities in England report their annual disabled facilities grant expenditure through the housing strategy statistical appendix. The 2006-07 housing strategy statistical appendix report was published recently. The 2004-05 to 2006-07 expenditure by the London borough of Enfield is provided in the following table. Communities and Local Government provide 60 per cent. of the value of the disabled facilities grant to local authorities. Local authorities fund the remaining 40 per cent. from their own resources. Expenditure figures for 2007-08 are not yet available.

The following table sets out disabled facilities grant expenditure for the London borough of Enfield.

£

2004-05

2005-06

2006-07

Total expenditure

1,860,000

1,203,000

1,689,000

CLG contribution

794,000

844,000

915,000