Skip to main content

Social Security Benefits: Forms

Volume 474: debated on Wednesday 23 April 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what forms individuals seeking (a) jobseekers allowance, (b) incapacity benefit, (c) housing benefit and (d) council tax benefit are required to complete. (198994)

Claims for DWP administered working-age benefits, including incapacity benefit, jobseeker’s allowance and income support are generally made via a freephone telephone call to a Jobcentre Plus Contact Centre. Clerical claim forms are also available for those customers who may have difficulty using a telephone or do not want to claim via telephone. Where a customer is also claiming housing benefit and council tax benefit, the Department forward the details to the relevant local authority.

Pensioners making a claim for housing benefit and council tax benefit alongside pension credit are issued with a pre-populated three page claim form to check and return direct to the local authority.

Where an individual makes their claim for housing benefit and council tax benefit direct to the local authority, the type of form they use and the process they undertake varies between each local authority area.

For all these benefits, other forms may need to be completed depending on individual circumstances.