Skip to main content

Gambling: Licensing

Volume 475: debated on Tuesday 6 May 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport whether gambling licences issued under the Gaming Act 1968 can be transferred to different premises within the designated local authority areas. (202887)

Existing gaming licences issued under the Gaming Act 1968 Act have now been converted into the relevant premises licence under the Gambling Act 2005. A converted casino licence can only be relocated to premises which are situated within the area of the licensing authority which issued the licence. A converted bingo premises licence cannot be relocated to different premises.